Head Count For all people who visited the site.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Top Chef Killed My Computer, then Tom Hanks brought it back to life

YOU ALL HAVE PERMISSION TO DIE LAUGHING WHEN YOU READ THIS STORY!

Ok, SO if any of you ended up reading the last post (about me not posting at 12:00 for like 5 weeks) You know how upset i was, about that. WELL, so about an hour later, Dell called us and told us it would cost us "400 DOLLARS!" to get a replacement motherboard. As soon as we heard the price, my dad said "no. You can buy a computer for 500 dollars (just 100 dollars more) So my dad said I would have to use a computer from 1999 that was in the basement. First though my dad told me to check one more time if the labtop would turn on, before we took it apart and he took all the pieces out and friends. So i plugged it in. Put the battery in, and with a strand of luck, IT TURNED ON! I was so happy. My dad then decided it probably wouldn't stay on, so we decided to put all of my files and such on my computer onto a back up hard drive. That way, i could just put all of the stuff on my labtop, on the computer from 1999, once my labtop died again. Hilariously enough, in that process, we found out my labtop had 70.00 Gigabytes on it... The max amouont of memory my hard drive can have.... is 69.9 Gigabytes. So my computer, was .1 gigabyte OVER the max amount of memory. So quickly my dad told me to delete everything I didn't need, and I deleted all the un needed programs. THat only cleared up 6 gigabytes. I thought hmmm what else could I have on my computer. Then it hit me. Top chef. I have 6 seasons of Top chef, and one season of Top Chef Masters. Each episode is about 1 Gigabyte. So uhhh yea. Top chef kileld my labtop. Then my dad and i were trying to figure out why it all of a sudden turned on (it ends up it wasn't turning on, because it didn't have enough memory to) it's becuase I was bored, so i decided to delete a picture of Tom hanks' face from my mom's computer. This picture's location though was on my Hard drive (all the computers in the house are connected so we can acces files from other peoples computers) So i deleted Tom hanks' face, and it was enough to clear up enough memory for my computer to re-start again. Wow. lol.

MY COMPUTER IS BACK, AND I'M PRETTY SURE IT IS BACK FOR GOOD! EVERYONE, REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT! THIS MEANS I CAN DO FRIDAY CHEATS! ALL YEAR! EVERY FRIDAY! AT 12! RIGHT AWAY! YEA!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, random, pity you top chef, and good for you Tom hanks!
    -Tboyman(HICB MOD)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol deleting Top Chef fixed ur laptop !! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats amazing... why do you even have EACH season on ur computer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol strange, Good on ya Tom Hanks.

    Xx Kellie Xx (HICBMOD)

    ReplyDelete

Comment, it's your secret-Fu mission